Teachers appreciate the "make & take" part of this workshop that makes it possible to leave the training and immediately introduce three dynamic literacy centers: Word Webs, Poetry Words, and Breadcrumbing. In addition to the construction and operation of these centers, Alice Nine shows teachers how to incorporate the work done in these centers into student writing. These three centers support practice with multiple meaning words, figures of speech, and word associations. Dictionaries and graphic organizers are used as students brainstorm, confer, organize, and evaluate with a partner. Center activities are easily modified for whole group learning situations. Targeted grades: 2-5.
Experience easy to do activities that develop critical word-learning strategies--word chunking, word connections, use of context clues, and dictionary skills. These activities are brain-based alternatives to worksheets. Students can work in small groups, pairs, or individually. Activities work well not only for language arts, but also for other core subjects. This workshop is customized according to grade levels taught by participants, grades 3-12.
Think out of the box. Using the five senses, think descriptively about common things and common places. Use these ideas to create a "color poem." Target grades; 1-5.
WHY SHOULD YOU BRING A WORKSHOP TO YOUR DISTRICT?
- It is a great team building event
- Training is individualized to your unique situation
- Scheduling is customized for your convenience
- Minimize teacher time out of the classroom
- Dynamic staff training at your location at a very reasonable price
- Valuable training that costs less than the consumable workbooks it makes unnecessary
- Eliminate the cost time and travel with on-site training
- Most trainings are one- or two-day events with opportunities for follow-through inservices
- Customize the schedule to meet your needs
- To some extent, one could say that our training schedules are made-to-order. We work closely with the host school or district scheduling to meet their calendar needs.
- Purchase only what you need
- Costs for teacher materials vary per training event.
- Teacher materials are put together in packages. However, you may choose to purchase item by item, mix and match as you see fit.
- View teacher materials in our STORE
Training events are arranged with Alice Nine; call 1-800-791-8962 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our CALENDAR for scheduled events.