Learn how to integrate instruction and practice in phonemic awareness, phonetics, penmanship, and spelling, supporting development of encoding and decoding skills.
Experience the techniques of deep reading--an engaged reading needed for critical thinking to answer open-ended questions. Using a wordless book, practice noticing more details, making more connections, and discovering more hidden secrets. Target grades: 6-12.
Examine the basics of teaching systematic, explicit phonics with handwriting for a multi-sensory approach. Review the 70 common English phonograms. Experience simple but effective instructional strategies that complement any reading program. Target grades: PreK-3.
Instead of assigning word lists and testing word lists, teach students how to Think to Spell--a word analysis process that focuses on phonograms, syllables, morphemes, and rules of language. Use this approach with Johnny Can Spell support materials, or incorporate it into an adopted spelling program. Target grades: 1-6.
Teach letter recognition through handwriting. Learn the basics to successfully teach students how to hold a pencil and how to form letters. Examine the habits of handwriting and ways to help students improve. Find out how to use the clock face as a backdrop for letter formation, a strategy that helps eliminate reversals. Know the connection between manuscript and cursive and enable your students to master cursive. Understand the importance of handwriting instruction. Target grades: PreK-4.
WHY SHOULD YOU BRING A WORKSHOP TO YOUR DISTRICT?
- It is a great team building event
- Training is individualized to your unique situation
- Scheduling is customized for your convenience
- Minimize teacher time out of the classroom
- Dynamic staff training at your location at a very reasonable price
- Valuable training that costs less than the consumable workbooks it makes unnecessary
- Eliminate the cost time and travel with on-site training
- Most trainings are one- or two-day events with opportunities for follow-through inservices
- Customize the schedule to meet your needs
- To some extent, one could say that our training schedules are made-to-order. We work closely with the host school or district scheduling to meet their calendar needs.
- Purchase only what you need
- Costs for teacher materials vary per training event.
- Teacher materials are put together in packages. However, you may choose to purchase item by item, mix and match as you see fit.
- View teacher materials in our STORE
Training events are arranged with Alice Nine; call 1-800-791-8962 or email at email@example.com. Visit our CALENDAR for scheduled events.