High School Workshops
Bridge systematic, explicit grammar instruction to student revision and editing. Learn how to front-load a comprehensive grammar review in twenty-four lessons using anchor lessons and charts. Experience simple, highly repeatable practice activities that develop sentence revision and editing skills. Target grades: 6-12.
Phonemic awareness is a fundamental key for language acquisition. This one day event shares practical information and exercises with teachers for developing phonemic awareness in Spanish speaking students. The sounds of English and Spanish are introduced with special attention given to phonemes which are more difficult for native Spanish speakers to identify and produce.Read More
A two-day event that gets right into the classroom with model teaching and practicums. Training covers how to teach systematic, explicit phonics in the secondary classroom. Special attention is given to application with ESOL / ELL students.Read More
Experience easy to do activities that develop critical word-learning strategies--word chunking, word connections, use of context clues, and dictionary skills. These activities are brain-based alternatives to worksheets. Students can work in small groups, pairs, or individually. Activities work well not only for language arts, but also for other core subjects. This workshop is customized according to grade levels taught by participants, grades 3-12.
A day of instructional activities and skill strategies to improve revising and editing skills! Use applied grammar as a tool for revising and editing. Experience practical activities for sentence combining. Examine revision strategies. And review grammatical structures. Sentence work will focus on coordination, subordination, reduction, and apposition. Target grades: 4-12.
Experience the techniques of deep reading--an engaged reading needed for critical thinking to answer open-ended questions. Using a wordless book, practice noticing more details, making more connections, and discovering more hidden secrets. Target grades: 6-12.
WHY SHOULD YOU BRING A WORKSHOP TO YOUR DISTRICT?
- It is a great team building event
- Training is individualized to your unique situation
- Scheduling is customized for your convenience
- Minimize teacher time out of the classroom
- Dynamic staff training at your location at a very reasonable price
- Valuable training that costs less than the consumable workbooks it makes unnecessary
- Eliminate the cost time and travel with on-site training
- Most trainings are one- or two-day events with opportunities for follow-through inservices
- Customize the schedule to meet your needs
- To some extent, one could say that our training schedules are made-to-order. We work closely with the host school or district scheduling to meet their calendar needs.
- Purchase only what you need
- Costs for teacher materials vary per training event.
- Teacher materials are put together in packages. However, you may choose to purchase item by item, mix and match as you see fit.
- View teacher materials in our STORE
Training events are arranged with Alice Nine; call 1-800-791-8962 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our CALENDAR for scheduled events.