The limits of my language are the limits of my mind.
All I know is what I have words for. --Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889-1951)
Attend a one-day cross-curricular vocabulary workshop packed with activities based on best practices research. These activities support student collaboration, movement in the classroom, and visible products. During the workshop, teachers experience all the activities, learning through doing.
Target grades: 3 through 12.
"I was surprised that all the words that seem long and difficult to understand
can be easily understood by chunking. I'm still a life-long learner."
"The entire day was very effective, time flew and there was so much great information."
"The workshop not only challenged me to use different strategies than I now do,
but also gave some very workable ideas."
"My high school students will be able to learn more words using these strategies
than I thought they were capable of learning."
- Experience first-hand vocabulary building activities
- Review reading research that addresses vocabulary acquisition
- Work collaboratively with peers
- Bridge phonics to writing
- Leave the workshop with easy to implement, repeatable activities