English Phonics for the Bilingual Classroom
This two-day training event adapts Johnny Can Spell to secondary classroom instruction. Johnny Can Spell is not a curriculum nor a program. It is an instructional approach to teaching foundational knowledge and skills of English.
Teachers are equipped for integrated instruction in phonological awareness which includes phonemic awareness, phonics, and spelling. Model teaching is a key component of the training. It enables teachers to visualize application of the training with their students.
"The presentation was effective because it was engaging...
a good WOW presentation."
"I’m surprised at how simple lessons in phonics
can go a long way with students."
"Since I’ve taken linguistics courses before,
much of this was review, but wow!
How wonderful the review was!"
- Knowledge of the 44 English phonemes and 24 Spanish phonemes
- How to teach the 70 common English phonograms
- Word analysis with Think to Spell®
- Simple classroom activities for developing phonemic awareness
- Johnny Can Spell Teacher's Guide
- Classroom Phonogram Card Set
- Practicing the Phonograms with Alice Nine (audio CD)
- Lesson Planner Book 1:1 and
Lesson Planner Book 1:2 (1st grade)
- Lesson Planner Book 2:1 and
Lesson Planner Book 2:2 (2nd grade)
- Lesson Planner Book 3:1 and
Lesson Planner Book 3:2 (3rd grade)
- Word Analyses Book Four (4th grade)
- Word Analyses Book Five (5th grade)